Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition August 2015 – Summer Holidays

Seems the competition is very alive this time! However, it makes me really insecure about what I plan to enter once my new camera arrives!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    Great idea and a nice taste of summer! Does the ice-cream top with stone-set pearl come off, or do those photos show it before being permanently fixed in place? I love the idea of a little ice-cream cone canister to keep your poison in!
    thank you Alan.

this one is static and held in place. The out of cone pictures was for demonstration. (and just in case I messed up and needed to start another pearl, I felt setting it first wasn't something I could do - my fingers disagree!) Because it was a proof of concept and so much work was put into the pearl, I felt a simpler design would be best on the first attempt. Now I know what I can do, I can experiment more.

Such good entries this month - good luck picking a winner!

Hi, just managed to finish this in time, sorry it's a bit late. I got the inspiration from a recent family day trip to Kew Gardens. The design is based on a flower bud just about ready to open. It's made from 9ct Gold and is set with a checker board cut Citrine and a "hidden" severer Diamond set underneath.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	8066

Views:	44 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	8068

Views:	43 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	8069

Views:	49 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	8067
    Last edited by mikethejeweller; 27-08-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Very beautiful - and nice to see a couple of pictures of the work in progress.

I love the secret diamond! Is it visible at all when the ring is being worn?

Thanks, it is lifted slightly from the finger, so if you look carefully you can still see it glistening underneath ����

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by mikethejeweller View Post
    Thanks, it is lifted slightly from the finger, so if you look carefully you can still see it glistening underneath ����
    you make incredible things Michael - people who visit your place, must have a wonderful experience.

Thanks Wallace, means a lot coming from you, yes we have a small shop in the heart of the Welsh valleys with 3 in site workbenches. We are looking to give the shop area a little revamp as its starting to look a bit dated, can be hard trying to keep a nice tidy and clean shop when two of the benches are in the shop area �� but a lot of the customers like the fact they can see us working away at the benches when they come in. Thanks again Mike

You'll have to share with us how you managed to flush set those stones into that pearl without any adhesive ������