Thread: Missing items

Default Missing items

I just opened the order I received yesterday to set up my new Durston bangle former and it appears the screws for the pole are missing making it pretty much unusable. Huge disappointment!!

Durston have history with this Christine. I bought the domed planishing set a while back and there was a screw missing on one of the stake holders. Email them direct and they'll send you a few!

Thanks Caroline, I will do that.
    I assumed as the order was sent from Cooksons that they forgot the screws as the order came in separate wrapped pieces and they forgot to put in the screws.

I phoned Cookson and their response was contact Durston as everything comes pre packed. I had an extra piece in my set like a wide saw blade and questioned Matthew Durston as to its use, it had been a special order apparently and was of no use to me which seemed strange
    You might have to email them more once they aren't the best but keep at them and they will do it in the end!

Thanks again Caroline.

Unfortunately it gets worse! I decided to give the bangle former a go putting the pole directly into the vice and on the third strike the head of the hammer they provide flew off! I have tried to fix the hammer head back onto the handle but the wood insert is just too small to keep it secure. Honestly not what I expected from a brand like Durston.

I have emailed them directly requesting the screws and a new hammer and really hope they sort it out today. We will see.

Now I remember I had to get them to send me a stake holder as well, can't remember why.
    I don't know that they shouldn't stick to rolling mills that they do really well and seemingly with no faults.They seem a bit careless with their new products. I was still trying to get them to give sizes for the planishing stakes before and after I bought it, I gave up in the end. They were much larger than I thought when they arrived and Matthew kept on sending me the spec for other things and then saying they would post it on their website. I gave up looking after 6 months and they probably haven't done it yet more than a year on!