Thread: Ultrasonic cleaners

Default Ultrasonic cleaners

Would anybody know why the ultrasonic cleaner Would leave these marks on my PMC3 pieces? It is a criss cross effect. We just used rouge then put into machine hanging on their own in proper ultrasonic solution. Not scratches, these marks do come off using the lathe? Thankyou!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437727931.455147.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	7959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437727944.805758.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	7960

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bithardto tell from the photo, but if they are in contact with the wire basket they may be getting a burnishing on the contact area as they vibrate?

Yes probably the wire rubbing against the piece. I never use the wire basket.

I hang pieces on wires hooked over a length of square wooden rod that sits across the top of my ultrasonic so that they hang in the middle of the liquid and don't touch anything when being cleaned.

James

Silver does that in the sonic sometimes. It is from the cavitation and you need to redo the polish and don't sonic as long. I don't know exactly why it happens and it doesn't happen every time. We do batches of silver grad rings and if we get distracted then we end up re polishing the batch.

Thankyou all, we know it definitely is not that the pieces are touching each other or anything else for that matter. Will give it another run this week and see how we go. Thankyou !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk