Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had my first ever stall this weekend!

It sounds as if I might have to have a complete re-think where shows are concerned. I have a 6-8 turn around for most things, which is never a problem online, but might be in person.
    Wedding dress shops are definitely a viable option, but I'd mostly be hoping to sell wedding rings, so I'm not sure.........

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Looked great Lauren. I love the frames - they really go with your baroque sort of image (not you personally!) Could you have some sort of folding box covered in a cloth to give you some height? You could always use the box to put the rest of your display in for travelling.

I like these Argos lights http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4312134.htm . They're very easy to direct and cast a large pool of light. Best of all, I think halogen makes your jewellery sparkle better than LED.

I've done shows for years and only a few have been consistently good. Some really expensive ones can only really be counted as advertising as although I've always made money, sometimes I've wondered whether it was worth the hassle, particularly as I have to travel so far to the south east. I agree that wedding shows aren't worth doing. Not sure about baby ones but I suspect they're the same. Christmas shows are definitely the best though as everyone really needs to buy then and not just to browse.
    Thanks Carole - I have always been drawn to baroque style, much to the the annoyance of the boy who is more a modernist, let's paint everything white and have nice neat corners kind of person. Our renovation/decoration plans for our wreck of a house are an interesting compromise!

Going to go and speak to the lovely furniture makers who have a workshop near me and see if we can build something taller to replace the middle shelf, but that kind of fits with the baroque frames and isn't too hard to transport. They are going to hate me aren't they...?

Have you got a picture framer near you? They can get hold of all sorts of wonderful mouldings that can come in handy for displays. You could also ask your taxi company to send you out one of the big Euro type vans. They're usually only a pound or two more & have plenty of room

Congratulations Lauren, for putting your toe in the water and liking it. Regards, Dennis.