Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from a new member

Default Hello from a new member

Hello everyone,

I thought it was time I registered with the forum although I've actually been an avid reader for a while and thank you for all the great knowledge, tips and techniques.
    I've been making jewellery for about 4 years and was lucky to be able to do a course with a local college here in West Yorkshire which gave me an introduction to a range of techniques and skills. Two years on and I work mainly alone learning from books, online (Great places like this forum;-) and through experimentation(Trial and error/melting and burning things!)

I am still to 'find my style' but I enjoy discovering new techniques and am drawn to make abstract creations more and more. In the past I have ventured into cold connection territory and recently bought a Tap and Die set so can't wait to have a go with that. I also want to start working with enamel again but my last attempts were a bit 'burny and not successful' :-)

My husband Michael, has suggested I 'get out there' a little more and has helped me to set up an Etsy page, only 20 items so far but adding more each week. I've also created a Facebook page and hope to soon have a website too.

Thanks for your time and if you get chance please have a look at some of my work, I welcome your feedback. I'll post links in the appropriate thread however for now if you search for EhTout online, in Etsy or on Facebook you should find me.
    Best wishes
    Luka.x

Hi Luka, welcome to the forum. I'm off to search your FB page once you've posted a few times you'll be able to share on here.
    Last edited by CJ57; 19-07-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Hi - just had a quick look at your Etsy shop. I particularly like the pierced oval earrings and that wacky triangular pendant! I'm also experimenting with taps and dies, so will be interested to see what you do with yours.
    Alan

Hi Luka and welcome from me too!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hi Luka, welcome to the forum. I'm off to search your FB page once you've posted a few times you'll be able to share on here.
    Thank you Caroline. I look forward to being more involved on here. (Although i suspect I may have more questions than answers!;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    Hi - just had a quick look at your Etsy shop. I particularly like the pierced oval earrings and that wacky triangular pendant! I'm also experimenting with taps and dies, so will be interested to see what you do with yours.
    Alan
    Thank you Alan, I look forward to seeing how you get on. I keep taking mine out of the box and one day I'll actually use them :-)

Thanks Lorraine

Hi Luka!

I'm a big fan of those pierced starburst earrings too, they are gorgeous!

Hi Luka,
    Glad you've joined us, you have some lovely ideas and designs (I looked at your Etsy site, couldn't find you on Facebook )........welcome!!

Hi Luka!
    Welcome, I had a peep at your Etsy shop (I am on there too) and it looks great!
    I really love your knitted necklace in particular, its beautiful. As a crocheter it appeals to me, there is something else to try!
    Sam.