Quote Originally Posted by The Bijou Dragon View Post
Yeah, I wasn't going to get into the re-using thing but OH left some offcuts on my desk when he was making a filter for his brewing bucket and my curiosity took over!

Although, I did ask for copper pipe on Freecycle and got some surly lord-knows-who sent me a rather stark, rude e-mail simply stating that "Copper is £1000 a ton you know!" with absolutely no other help whatsoever... like I was asking for a ton of it

Sounds familiar...we had our central heating redone...all the plastic small bore pipes replaced with copper to try to get the darn thing to actually work! I was at college then and asked them really nicely...with tea and biccies...if I could have any off cuts to use for my 'Light Metals' unit. After working for 3 days - using miles of copper pipe...they left me with five lengths...ranging from about 2 inches to about 9...covered in solder and full of crud!! Obviously out of some dark recesses of their van!!... Not quite the lovely shiny lengths I coveted!! ...but recieved with a rather tight smile of gratitude none the less!!