Thread: Got an hour to spare?

Default Got an hour to spare?

I know youtube is full of stuff like this, but the skill of this bloke had me mesmerised.
    No fancy tools, no 'artists' statement "my work is inspired by the glinting of rain in the hair of Peruvian virgins" type malarky, not even any advanced techniques, just plain craftsmanship.
    The music grates after a while, and the ring is not to my taste, but I hope one day I have 1% of his talent.
    Lovely setup and a very nice diamond collection!
    I suspect most of you won't have time to watch it all.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

I watched it all the way through - incredible craftsmanship and attention to the minutest detail - giving the most beautiful result. Makes my efforts look terrible.
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

I saw this video just after he posted it. He's a humble chap (I emailed him and had a nice message back) and he had his premises robbed a few years ago, losing tens of thousands of pounds worth of jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    robbed a few years ago, losing tens of thousands of pounds worth of jewelry.
    Oh my god, they never found the offender or offenders? Robberies become a great problem - all over Europe.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Actually not, crime trends have been downwards over most of Europe for the last 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

I found it funny to be frustrated by his attempts to get pieces to sit in place before soldering. During my next visit to the Hague I'm going to take some of James ' s titanium soldering clamps, I think they may come in handy!
    Poor old Les