Thread: Hello from Boston, MA

Default Hello from Boston, MA

Hello everyone!

My name is Adam. I am very new to jewelry making, about 6 months or so.

Music and recording is my passion. Unfortunately, late last year I had trauma to my hearing and now have hyperacusis. Normal volume sounds can be uncomfortable or even excruciatingly painful to me. I might not be able to continue with music and audio as my career. At the very least, I need to take a break from it.

My mother was making silver jewelry for quite some time but not lately. I decided to use her abandoned studio to make a ring to give my girlfriend for a Christmas. I loved it! Since then I have made 20 or so rings and some earrings in my free time. Once I finish all my prior commitments I hope to have much more time to focus on creating and learning. I find it so rewarding to go from idea to completion in such little time compared to recording bands!

I am creative visually as well as musically - I almost went to art school instead of music 20 years ago. I can already tell what resonates with me stylistically but I lack the skills and experience to get anywhere near it. I know that right now I just need to get a handle on the basics.

My plan for the near future is to learn, make as much as I can, and then take some classes. I found a place very close to me that offers courses and clinics. I'm excited to have found this forum. I will be lurking here and will have questions if I can't find obvious answers on the interwebs.

Nice to meet you all and thanks for having me!

Aloha,
    Adam

Welcome to the forum Adam, look forward to joining you on your new journey. It's good you have a plan

Welcome Adam!! Good to have you on board!! Ask away and hopefully we can help and practice practice practice!!!!