Thread: UK Supplier of pronged settings and their beads for earrings?

Default UK Supplier of pronged settings and their beads for earrings?

Hello,

I want to make vintage style earrings but can't find anywhere that sells the pronged settings I need? These would typically be pear shaped, round or long ovals.Can anyone help?
    many thanks

Kernowcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Kernowcraft?
    Hi Mizgeorge,

I found Kernowcraft but they're all precious metals - I've seen the exact thing I want on line but at the moment just from America and these are made from brass or rhodium plated brass and suchlike. I'm not really in a position at the moment to buy the sterling silver and also Kernowcraft don't seem to have the shapes I want.

I'm flummoxed - surely there must be somewhere in this country who supplies these????

Probably not and is sometimes the case it is easier and often even cheaper just to buy from Rio Grande or the like in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Probably not and is sometimes the case it is easier and often even cheaper just to buy from Rio Grande or the like in the U.S.
    thank you to all...I am aghast!! I can't believe I can't get them here¬

Just had a brainwave - maybe I'm searching for wrong thing. Yes I want to make earrings but really maybe I should be searching for PENDANT settings because I think that's what they actually are in some cases...

Quote Originally Posted by lolabead View Post
    Just had a brainwave - maybe I'm searching for wrong thing. Yes I want to make earrings but really maybe I should be searching for PENDANT settings because I think that's what they actually are in some cases...
    I get the feeling you probably aren't the U.S. has a much better selection of just about everything. I did find this on etsy but don't know if there is anything of any use https://www.etsy.com/uk/browse/craft...ings-mountings

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I get the feeling you probably aren't the U.S. has a much better selection of just about everything. I did find this on etsy but don't know if there is anything of any use https://www.etsy.com/uk/browse/craft...ings-mountings

Caroline, many thanks I'm looking at these now. I've also found another supplier, again NOT in UK but Israel with very good feedback and reputation. You're so right. I noticed this fairly early on in my jewellery journey and it does get so frustrating. Sometimes it's what appears to be the simplest things that are so hard to get.