Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I finally took the plunge!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I now do the unthinkable to my images - slightly over-expose them! It seems that people like to see product shots looking really bright. Who knew?
    Wow who knew indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Not direct sunlight, but a light overcast sky. Just like a light tent, really, but free. Dennis
    overcast winter is when did a fair few of those >.< I refuse to wish for overcast weekends even if it will help my photography. But I'll watch out for one

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyjean View Post
    Hi Kathryn!
    Well done for taking the plunge! I think your site looks smart and confident.. I didn't see it before you brightened up the images, they don't look half bad now.
    Thanks!

Hi Kathryn,
    Just had a look at you shop. Lovely set-up.
    I find successful photography is a nightmare......What I want to do is make (and sell) jewellery,......selling seems to mean I have to be the master of so many things I hadn't anticipated and know so little about!! Lol!!

I had a play around and my only (possibly) useful suggestion is that once I've added an item to the basket, there is a 'continue shopping' button,....so if I have purchased a pendant, you can easily continue shopping and add the matching earrings!!

Great work....must get around to sorting mine, I have had it in private mode for a while!!

Jill xx

Ooo thanks I'll see if I can add a continue shopping button.
    I hope to see yours up and running soon too.
    I'm now panicking about expenses for a self assessment >.<

Nicely done! It's so hard getting it right!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I now do the unthinkable to my images - slightly over-expose them! It seems that people like to see product shots looking really bright. Who knew?
    I usually use the correct exposure according to the light meter, but then increase exposure in post production. I also sometimes cool down the colour tone if I'm photographing silver only items. It really depends on the background.

In-camera or separate meter?

separate. There is one in camera as well, but the other half would chide me if I didn't use the proper one.

I thought that might be the case!

Looks great Kathryn. My only suggestion would be to use a white background. It just makes the jewelry come alive. i think almost all sites that sell jewelry use a white background. Other than that, you are way ahead of me sister

Thanks Eric, although I only seem to get things done in fits and spurts what with the full time job and political activism and small amounts of social life I squeeze around those so I've not added anything for ages. I have a pile I'm building for hallmarking and then photos so who knows maybe I'll move to the next step this year and actually promote it >.<