Thread: How Do These Guys Do This?

Default How Do These Guys Do This?

Hello to all members here at Cookson Gold,

I am a jewellery making virgin so please forgive me if I come across as ignorant when talking about this craft, it is not deliberate but a lack of knowledge and experience on my side.

Now please let me introduce myself,

I am a huge Hip Hop fan and as some of you may know, rappers are notorious for their "bling".

There are two "go-to" jewelers that the stars use and they are;

Johnny Dang
    Ban Baller

I follow them on social media (instagram) and I am fascinated with the pieces of jewelery they create.

My question to this community is;

How hard is it to make this type of jewellery?
    Do I need a big budget to start?
    Can this type of jewellery be made in an home/local environment?

I have attached some photos to give you examples of the type of jewellery I am talking about.
    Last edited by ps_bond; 15-06-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Dear Atlantis,
    As you have probably now discovered, you need a certain number of posts, before you can post photos. However I have looked at the jewellery associated with Johnny Dang and Ben Baller.

You can certainly aspire to make your own bling and according to the depths of your pockets, use gold, silver, or brass and copper. The stuff I have seen is almost certainly commercially made, probably in the Far East and your two heroes just commission it.

Still there is no harm in trying. Welcome to the Forum, Dennis.

I'm guessing they are CAD, 3d printed and then set, to have the resorses to do this at home would be really expensive. But you can get free trials of some of the cad programs Rhino for example then design what you want (sounds simple when you say it like that) then have them printed and cast by a bureau you would need to polish and set the stones then. It wouldn't be that easy but if you were prepared to spend time learning there is no reason why you couldn't accomplish something like this as Dennis says though it will get very expensive very quickly if you used precious metals and stones