Thread: Hi from Pembrokeshire

Default Hi from Pembrokeshire

Been hanging around the margins for a while, finally got around to registering so I can explore the forum more thoroughly whilst pestering you lot with questions. I'm mainly a glass lampworker, but increasingly into silversmithing, with a preference for Argentium 960. I've got a few questions re hallmarking, so will see if I can find the right place to post those for a start. (I expect they've all been asked already, but while I've found a lot of answers here and elsewhere I'm still not clear on a few basic points.)

Alan

Welcome Alan - you'll see a few familiar names over here

Thanks, George - I recognise you of course from Frit Happens.

Hello Alan

I've not been around for long either so welcome from another newbee! I have seen a few threads about hallmarking so you won't be alone in asking questions. The offices are pretty good too. I've called them to ask very basic questions and they were nothing but helpful. Would be good to hear how you go with the argentium as I am thinking of moving over that way as far as I can. Would be nice to see some of your lamp work too.......!

Thanks for the welcomes. Here's a quick pic, Toadiebob -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beads01.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	7794
    I started with beadmaking in soft glass, though now I do more sculptural stuff in borosilicate. I still love making beads and have been attempting some in metals. The silver ones here are all works in progress, some solid, some hollow, all unfinished. The small beads in the foreground are a boro group destined for a bracelet with silver links between as part of the design - I've made it up and taken it apart more than once already as I can't decide on how I want those links. In the background are some of my partner's big-hole beads which I have capped and cored with silver. (She's the productive one. I live in a world of research and development - she employs me to do stuff like that to make sure I earn my crust...)

Those are lovely Alan, lovely to have you join the forum

Hi Alan!
    Your beads look amazing!