Thread: Cleaning Gallery Jewellery

Default Cleaning Gallery Jewellery

Hi,

Just wondering, those of you who sell jewellery in galleries and shops, do you take your jewellery away to re - polish and clean and how often? I have my jewellery in a few galleries, most of which are not local so I have no idea if my jewellery needs a good polish or not. I don't think the gallery owner would clean it....so how do you get round this?

I am having problems trying to get some back at the mo. It's been there for 4 months and I know it needs a clean. It's a mix of things so needs a variety of cleaning methods. It's a bit frustrating as obv it is not likely to sell when it isn't looking spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    I am having problems trying to get some back at the mo. It's been there for 4 months and I know it needs a clean. It's a mix of things so needs a variety of cleaning methods. It's a bit frustrating as obv it is not likely to sell when it isn't looking spot on.
    Oh that is frustrating! Is the gallery close by? I have my work in two local (ish) galleries, and 4 not local at all. It would really entail posting jewellery back and forward to have it polished and cleaned....I know you can get anti tarnish strips to put in the cabinet along with the jewellery....but wonder if they are effective??

Hope you get your jewellery back soon!!