Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new look...

Default The new look...

Eyebrows and eyelashes are seriously over-rated. as is hair around the face.

What isn't over rated is following the advice to let hand torches cool before re-filling them.

Oh no Liz......hope you are okay x

haha, yeah I'm fine. I just look a bit... odd. I need to get better heat sorted.

oh what!?! (I never do that cool down thing, oops)
    Hope all is good. I do now keep a massive tube of pure aloe gel next to my workbench though...

Got that t-shirt! Glad it was just the hair (the worst bit is the smell of nose hair singeing).

Hope they grow back soon. And hope they grow back the same (sometimes they don't!)

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Hope all is good. I do now keep a massive tube of pure aloe gel next to my workbench though...
    I didn't know that either - that would maybe explain the flaring I got from my torch last week after I had re-filled it - got my hand out of the way of a scary flame just in time. Bit of a shock though. Lesson learned.

Hope you're okay Liz, although of course some ladies I know pay good money to have their face hair removed .... .

Yeah but salons dont do it with a blow torch.

Eek, that sounds terrifying! Glad you're okay and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the return of your eyebrows

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Aloe gel is the biz though I only needed it for the half pot of boiling coffee I spilled over my hand an hour before. Face was fine

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Got that t-shirt! Glad it was just the hair (the worst bit is the smell of nose hair singeing).

Hope they grow back soon. And hope they grow back the same (sometimes they don't!)
    There isn't much to them anyway sadly. I have one hair that grows reeeeeeally long, so it works as an eyebrow combover type thing When I get really old I expect I'll be rocking that crazy painted eyebrow look.

Quote Originally Posted by susieq View Post

Hope you're okay Liz, although of course some ladies I know pay good money to have their face hair removed .... .
    am totally fine. In fact now you mention it, the 5 o'clock shadow has gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Yeah but salons dont do it with a blow torch.
    bwahahaha! you owe me a new keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    Eek, that sounds terrifying! Glad you're okay and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the return of your eyebrows