Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition June 2015 - Summer

Default Theme Competition June 2015 - Summer

Hello Everyone,

With the weather (sometimes) warming up, we thought we would will the season to start and so this month's theme is SUMMER!

From flowers and animals to the beach and weather, whatever you deem to be 'summer' then send it in!

The winner will get a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree!

So get creating, making and entering!

Good luck!

I made these deckchair earrings a while back for this competition and then the subject was changed, so I posted them on Show & Tell instead. I'm sorry if some of you have seen them before.

They are made of blackened silver, with ribbons backed with metal for the seats. They are fixed though and will not fold. For sand I used soft brown sugar. Luckily I found an adventurous teenager to wear them on holiday.

By making an early start, I hope it will encourage a good batch of entries Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss Seaside Earrings.jpg  

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Dennis, very good made me smile
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I remember those lovely little earrings, they are totally wonderful. I did wonder whether to add my bucket, spade and windmill to help with bolstering and bringing the comp, but decided on a newer make. These things grow in my garden so fast in the summer, the lawnmower almost seems to sprout them too! So I made this to go with the theme!

Attachment 7786
    Attachment 7787

good luck, hope to see lots of entries.

Here is my allium necklace which was part of a 3 piece necklace bangle and earrings made for the OS this year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	7790. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	7792

Sorry removed the bangle but it has stayed as thumbnail not sure why
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Love these entries, they each remind me of summer in different ways.......just lovely

Lovely!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fabulous entries this month. Loving the deckchairs and the daisies.
    Didi

Some stunning stuff here. I have something for this, but it's a long way from finished, so might not make it in time for June... in fact it's not much more than an idea...

Speaking as a newbie on the forum, this looks like a really great monthly competition. For someone like me - full of ideas, lacking in self-discipline, always overstretching the budget - it might be just what is needed to focus the mind: a theme to rein in my sprawling imagination and a proper chunky prize to encourage me to actually finish what I've started.

Also, the past months' competitions provide a fantastic gallery of interesting one-off pieces. I'm going to enjoy working my way through that, even if it makes me feel totally outclassed!

Hi everyone,

We are loving all of the Summer themed entries so far this month - and if you haven't entered yet, you still have time to submit your entry!

You could be in with a chance of winning a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree, so don't forget!

Good luck!