Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been nosey!

Default Been nosey!

I thought it was about time that I introduced myself properly, rather than spending all of my time reading threads and soaking in the expertise of everyone (although I did enjoy feeling naughty for a while!). I am more commonly known as Rae but my mouthy African Grey (Toad) who then named herself as Toadiebob gave me the idea for my Forum name. She loves SpongeBob! I live in sunny Gloucestershire, well sunny at the moment, with 3 dogs (with another in the pipeline), 2 parrots and my better half.

I have had a little tuition jewellery wise but haven't had the opportunity to put things to practice for more years than I care to remember! A friend heard that I had done some silver work so asked if I could make a couple of pieces for her wedding so me being me said yes! Luckily my parents were having their kitchen work tops replaced so I nabbed the big pine piece and plonked it in the attachment to our house the Estate Agents called a conservatory and I'm hooked.............again!

Anyway, enough prattle, hello all and thank you for having me.

Rae

Welcome Rae, good to hear from you and to have you participating!!

Hi Rae, and welcome properly

My bit of Gloucestershire's also sunny, but with a horrid cold wind.

Bit draughty here too but I am as much at the top of a hill as I can be between 2 rivers!

Hi from me too Rae, interesting to see that your BH comes after the dogs and the parrots

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Hi and Welcome Rae,

I am in a dip in Wilshire, so occasionally get rain one minute, snow the next and then sunshine for the rest old the day!

Looking forward to future posts.

Thank you for having me all! Caroline, I have to get my priorities right, low maintenance always comes first. Makes life so much easier!!

Rae

Hi Rae!
    Welcome from me too! I am in Dorset, blazing today!

Sam.

Hi Rae!
    From Cardiff - traditionally rain, but been beautiful :-)

Hi Rae, I'm in Exeter in sunny Devon, but very cold wind here too. Spent yesterday on Exeter Quay at a craft fair, it was freezing there. My husband (who was in tee shirt and shorts) asked me why I was wearing a feather waistcoat over a fleece, after an hour there I was glad I did. One stallholder who was next to us, went out and bought a jumper and a blanket. The wind was like a tunnel, knocking everything on our stall over, we had to weight stuff down with stones.