Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie with a Torch!

Sievert torch update.
    Firstly vis a vis the regulator. I spoke to the chap at Sievert's and e told me that as I was using the smallest tip I probably wouldn't notice any difference when altering the regulator. However, as the appeared to be getting smaller I guessed something was wrong (no kidding Sherlock)! I reckoned tha I was running out of gas, so went and changed the bottle and now ut appears to be working fine. I can even see a difference when I adjust the regulator. However, think I may have the wrong tip, as Caroline said previously she has never used the smallest one, and I can see why. My next plan is to buy a medium or at least the next size tip up from the smallest and see where go from there..
    Thank you everyone for your input it has all really helped.

I would give you the serial number Mark but it's so old it doesn't seem to match up to numbers that have come up in previous posts. If you do a search on here there was once another post about sievert burners

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I would give you the serial number Mark but it's so old it doesn't seem to match up to numbers that have come up in previous posts. If you do a search on here there was once another post about sievert burners
    Many thanks Caroline I will do.
    Apologies to all, for unforgivable typos in my previous post. (It's an age thing!) :-(
    Regards
    Mark

I blame it on the predictive text on my iPad , I seem to write in a whole new language I didn't know I knew, it s very challenging !

I've tried the torch at what I assume to be all pressures. I have nothing that tells me, just a valve at the top of the tank with open and close. So I've opened it a little to try and all the way to try and have the same problems no matter what! I will try the man at Sievert again I think. I am gutted, I was so excited when I ordered it and it arrived!

Sorry Rae, are you suffering the same problems? I'm uncertain from you last post?? If it's any help, the only times I tend to have had any problems with my sievert it is with a full tank and particularly in warmer weather. Do you have a flashback arrestor fitted??

I was a friends place last week and he uses German made lpg torch I was so impressed that I am bying one
    this is the website https://www.planert-jewellery.com.au...n-lp-gas-torch

I didn't know such a thing existed! I have the basic beginners set up so nothing fancy added. It's just very temperamental. I have a new tank of propane on it so perhaps that is the problem?!

Rae

I find that my sievert only really plays up with a full tank and more so when the ambient temperature is warm!!