Thread: Pendant Drills

Default Pendant Drills

Hello - I'm looking to purchase a pendant drill. Can someone explain the main difference between a slip joint fitting and a fixed hand piece? I'm looking at the Milbro Pendant Drills (pg 474 of cat).

And Hello back.

With a fixed hand piece there are no further options, but it will be cheaper. With a slip joint you are able to add other hand pieces in the future as offered by that company.

Many of our members eventually get the hammer handpiece as an extra. It is useful for riveting, burnishing and stone setting. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    And Hello back.

With a fixed hand piece there are no further options, but it will be cheaper. With a slip joint you are able to add other hand pieces in the future as offered by that company.

Many of our members eventually get the hammer handpiece as an extra. It is useful for riveting, burnishing and stone setting. Dennis.
    Thanks for your reply. Can I buy one of the pendant drills and then replace the end with another flexible if I prefer the other? So, could I buy the fixed milbro pendant drill and then replace flexible arm with slip joint fitting (999avz)?

Sorry becks, I cant go further with this, as I use a micromotor. However it seems less expensive in the long run if you order the machine you intend to go on with, rather than replace the flexshaft later.

I'm sure other members will reply shortly. Regards, Dennis.

Becks, if you think you might use it - I'd go for the slip joint, as it definitely gives you more flexibility for the future.

That being said, I bought a slip joint (foredom SR), and yet have only ever used the one quick change handpiece on it. But I like knowing I could swap it if I'd like. This is the one I have. http://www.woodworkscraftsupplies.co...oducts_id=1609
    Emma