Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Operation Clean The Studio

Default Operation Clean The Studio

So, we've decided to hold a monthly open studios at the workshops where I have my lair. It is quiet for me at the moment, so high time, thinks I, to have a proper clean, get in a display cabinet, fix up the worst scruffy bits and generally give the whole place a once over.
    Strip down all the benches,pack everything up. Am planning on painting the floor, but nice chap who runs studios offers to level some bumpy spots in the concrete first. Holes need to be drilled for an extra power cable, that kind of thing.
    In the midst of chaos (which is where we are now), I stumble upon a house perfect for us (a room each for the kids, big garden, long let and will allow our dog and cats), so now I have a house move in 3 weeks, a studio I can't do anything with for over a week as it's all packed up for concrete/floor. Oh, and the small matter of the annual accounts (yes I know I said I'd do it monthly).
    If anyone can let me know how to clone myself (ideally a less accident prone, more DIY proficient version and one that enjoys data entry more), that would be excellent.

Good luck with it all Lydia. I hope the family will give you plenty of help. Dennis.

I think the Chinese do clones?

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

maybe try out some Delft - It is most excellent at copies

Good luck with everything Lydia!!!!!

Dont get stressed by it all. Is your studio in the same place as before, if so that is one problem that needs sorting first. Get a whole lot of boxes and store them at home, when you finish with your clean dishes put them in an open box and use from there every day, instead of putting them in the cupboard. Same with clothes, if like me you live in jeans most of the time, a few tee shirts out and everything else put in boxes, so that when the time comes its mostly packed. Not talking through the top of my head, although at the time I only had a cat, I moved house 5 times in eleven months with a whole houseful of furniture. It sounds a bit dodgy but two of the five, wanted their house back as their boyfriends had been given the elbow, one was too far from work, one was because a violent ex found out where I was and it was a bit isolated, and eventually the last one was where I bought and lived for 10 years, just me and the cat. Then I met new hubby, and bought two houses, moved into one and got married the next day, and he was working nights. Phew, what a time.

Blimey - and I thought having my kitchen done was stressful!

Crikey Pat! Thanks all. Studio is in same place. In today to find out that no concrete poured yet. Being as zen as possible (small autistic spectrum boy does not cope well with change). Also hooray for local Asda - rang their night manager last night and he said he could put away 'up to one lorry load' of boxes for us. One problem solved! :-)
    Am excited now, some enforced time off actual making usually lets the creative plots build up, so hopefully will get straight back into it once the dust settles!
    Clones arrived, but seem to mostly want to play video games, order gemstones and read. Sending them back, clearly faulty ;-)

Yeah that is the problem with clones how to get them to do all the things you don't want to do.

I reckon having building works or new kitchens are far more stressful, as you have to live with it all while its being done. At least with a move you can pack, move in and unpack over time. Sounds like you have the perfect let there Lydia. Rooms for each kid and a lovely large garden too. Bliss.

All the very best of luck with the move and workshop reorganise Lydia.
    Jules