Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Operation Clean The Studio

The new house sounds perfect Lydia.

Good luck with everything!

Also, if you find out how to successfully clone yourself, do please let me know...

Good luck Lydia.

And stop telling me new kitchens are stressful - it's something we're looking at this year, as we had to hack some of the worktop off to fit in a new fridge/freezer (long story) so we're looking to replacing kitchen in a few months time.

As for clones - they are generally rubbish, as they don't want to do the jobs you don't want to do either

Our kitchen took so long to do that although it was stressful at the beginning, it just became a way of life ..... when it was eventually finished, and all the guys who worked on it went home, I missed them - they had stuck around so long they had become part of the furniture! Good luck, hope all goes well.

Our entire house is a work in progress - it's amazing how quickly you get used to things, isn't it? My kitchen is from the 1950s, and all I have to cook is a combi/microwave and portable induction hob. It has been thus for nearly six months and will remain thus for at least another year! I'm actually looking forward to the devastation, builders and dust of a new kitchen...

Operation clean studio update:
    Floor paint takes longer than you think to dry.
    Anyone got a hoverboard?

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Anyone got a hoverboard?
    That is true, my mistake was using garage floor paint on my previous cement floor, that took almost a week before it was safe to walk on....it's very frustrating when there is work to be done!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Anyone got a hoverboard?
    Poor old Les

What did you use Lydia?

I need some floor paint that will go over my ancient kitchen floor. I think it's really old lino, but it feels solid like stone. Not sure what paint to use, but I think I'll paint it in sections so I have a place to walk now I've read your post!

I'll check tomorrow when I'm next in (the chap who owns the place gave it to me). It comes in grey or brick red, I know that much!

Leyland Heavy Duty Floor Paint! needs two coats, took 48 hours to dry thoroughly. This is one end of my lair (took up new rug so you can see the paint in all its paintiness).
    It did get scraped in a few spots where we moved furniture back, just patched it up. Will see how it holds up to traffic! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	studio.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	7764

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

gawd, I saw the lovely pics on FB and am totally in the well jell pot!

totally fabulous Lydia