Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's a good idea...

I asked Cooksons about this a little while ago. They did indeed say its all in the catalogue. Maybe the more people who ask about it will swing them towards doing samples - it would be really helpful, so I hope so.

I think companies, Cookson included, rely on the fact that we all buy things mostly finding that aren't fit for purpose, the wrong size or not what we though they were. I would imagine they make quite a lot of money from our mistakes:/

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    you know that is a great idea, but I guess the reply will be that it is all clearly set out in the catalogue, with exact sizes too.
    yeah, but the catalogue isn't that great either in terms of the images and sizes are also hard to actually picture.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlining View Post
    Ah,but an inch or two is enough chain to create a pair of drop earrings....
    I wasn't thinking of free samples, I'd happily pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I'm sure they get bits left over at the end of a length. I've even had chain joined together with bits of wire.
    really? I hope you returned it. That's a bit out of order if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I think Curteis used to do a chain board, but with the variety they do now it became less sensible.
    yeah, I just had a look. Too much choice! But again the images are rubbish, worse in fact than cookies. Even enlarging them it's hard to see what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    I asked Cooksons about this a little while ago. They did indeed say its all in the catalogue. Maybe the more people who ask about it will swing them towards doing samples - it would be really helpful, so I hope so.
    Or if they could clarify that it is ok to purchase multiple short lengths?
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I think companies, Cookson included, rely on the fact that we all buy things mostly finding that aren't fit for purpose, the wrong size or not what we though they were. I would imagine they make quite a lot of money from our mistakes:/
    such cynicism!

I buy all my chain from Curteis ever since Cookson discontinued my favourites. I agree it's impossible to work out what it's going to look like from the website pictures - I visited them at IJL at wrote down the codes of the ones I liked! However, I ordered a 9ct gold one that was the same code and description as the silver, assuming that it would be the same, but the links were a different size and weight, grrrrr!