Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hollow jewellery

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default hollow jewellery

I have been playing again! All made from sheet silver (apart from the chain)

I saw a baby elephant on a documentary recently and although I love making layered effects, I wanted to add a little more so ended up shaping the head (I made it semi- round using a punch, pliers and lots of annealing) and the trunk (method used was the same as making tubing), so thought I would add it here to the show and tell section. It was a huge learning curve and for once, I actually did a test run (and so very glad I did).

this is the final piece, with a little more cleaning up on some areas and I will also make the chain satin finished too.

Attachment 7742

Attachment 7743
    Last edited by Wallace; 25-05-2015 at 03:29 PM.

That is so cool! You must be pleased with yourself

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    That is so cool! You must be pleased with yourself
    I am happy, just need more cleaning up on it and then I will be really happy. thanks Mrs M

Love it. Brilliant!

I did look askance at the photo though as at first glance, it looks like it's being worn on someone's back. I thought, "I'm sure Wallace doesn't have a wrinkly back"! Sorry Wallace, I think my eyes are a bit funny!

Wallace!! That's just awesome - smugface allowed in spades

Apart from Wallace being busy, who has been busy making today. I made a ring, a big one, it has a stone and the bezel is part of the design but I couldnt get the stone tight it was rattly. Took off the old bezel and made another one half a centimetre smaller, it was so tight I had to put it on a mandrel to make it a fraction bigger, soldered it on the ring and put the stone in it, and it still rattles. The only thing I can think of was that the bottom wasnt dead level. Not making another one, so it will have to rattle. A good friend has bought it, and I was using a carnellian that she gave me to make it. All I have to do now is polish it.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Love it. Brilliant!

I did look askance at the photo though as at first glance, it looks like it's being worn on someone's back. I thought, "I'm sure Wallace doesn't have a wrinkly back"! Sorry Wallace, I think my eyes are a bit funny!
    lol - not the first time it has been mentioned! lol The lack of fingers due to cropping doesn't help. It was hard to get the light right and it looked best against skin. My props didn't give a good contrast so it was my back, erm hand... lol that won out.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Wallace!! That's just awesome - smugface allowed in spades
    hehehe, thank you G. Will get there when the last bit has been done. oh, did you have a good birthday G?
    Last edited by Wallace; 25-05-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Apart from Wallace being busy, who has been busy making today. I made a ring, a big one, it has a stone and the bezel is part of the design but I couldnt get the stone tight it was rattly. Took off the old bezel and made another one half a centimetre smaller, it was so tight I had to put it on a mandrel to make it a fraction bigger, soldered it on the ring and put the stone in it, and it still rattles. The only thing I can think of was that the bottom wasnt dead level. Not making another one, so it will have to rattle. A good friend has bought it, and I was using a carnellian that she gave me to make it. All I have to do now is polish it.
    sounds like a photo needed in a thread showing your lovely work Pat. I would suggest pushing the metal down harder around the edges, that often helps reduce the rattle too.
    Last edited by Wallace; 25-05-2015 at 05:11 PM.

As I've already said on Facebook Wallace, I think this is a gorgeous piece......stunning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    As I've already said on Facebook Wallace, I think this is a gorgeous piece......stunning!!
    thank you Jill - it is so lovely to see your comments, I will have to get a neck brace soon! lol xxx