Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Padding for boxes

Default Padding for boxes

Can anyone tell me where in the UK you can get the very lightweight candyfloss-type white cotton (or is it polyester?) padding (http://www.papermart.com/synthetic-c...-pads/id=26261) that is often used as cushioning in boxes? I want to send some pendants through the post but the off-the-peg pendant boxes I've got don't really stop the pendant from slewing around in the box whilst in transit, even when a chain is attached to the pendant and anchored down through the slots.
    Failing that, does anyone have a better solution for ensuring that jewelry such as a pendant stays in place in its box for when the recipient opens it and first sees it? I can't help thinking first impressions count.
    Thanks!

You could fix it in place with an unobtrusive pin into the foam?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

A friend of mine had this problem, he now uses spectacle lens cleaning cloths as padding in the boxes, he also prints his name on the corner each cloth, a nice touch I think.
    He buys cloths like these; http://www.amazon.co.uk/100Pcs-Micro...cleaning+cloth

James

Mark, it's also sold in fabric shops and fabric departments of stores, as padding, or wadding for dress making.

Here it is on line:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk...padding&crdt=0

Regards, Dennis.

Bagnbox man sell the inserts for their boxes. This weekend I wrapped any pendant parts in tissue paper to separate from the chains then I folded a sheet of tissue to fit the box and put it on the top as well

I use boxes that have a flock covered foam insert, with the little slits for chains and pinholes for earrings. I take the insert out of the box, position the jewellery and wrap the whole thing in tissue to keep it from moving around too much. Because the foam inserts are quite thick the slits hold the chain quite tightly so it doesn't slip through at all. I get them from boxdisplays.co.uk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gift_box.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	7710

Many thanks to everyone for the great replies! Very helpful.

you can get wadding in different width rolls from westpack - I get through quite a bit of it and it helps stop things jiggling around

I get my boxes from Potters. They come with a flocked pad to put the jewellery on and another pad to go over the top, which looks quite smart. It's not usually enough though to stop the jewellery from moving around, so underneath the flocked pad, I put a square of wadding. I love people to be able to open the box and find the jewellery just as I arranged it.

Mine are from Potters too Carole......adding extra wadding is a great idea.....thank you!!