Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twittermania

Default Twittermania

Seems like the world is going mad for twitter, including cooksongold. I'm just about to take that first step and join what now seems to be the masses on twitter. Loving cooksongold's twits or tweets or whatever they're calling it. I'll get there eventually with the lingo!

What does everyone think of twitter then? Certainly an interesting concept. I know the forums brand new, but hopefully someone will get back to me on this one. A few tips wouldn't go a miss either!

I'm new to twitter, i'm finding it hard to find anyone worth following! Maybe I'm missing the point, I don't know!
    I'm persisting with it for now

I've been using Twitter for a while now. I even have it on my phone (sad, huh?!)

I really like reading my friends' updates, as well as hearing new developments from my favourite suppliers as soon as they come out.

Hi!

I've never used it, but have heard lots about it! Sounds like a bit of a waste of time to me (maybe I'm just old-fashioned!)
    I prefer reading the occasioal blog: at least they're only updated every day or so. Keeping up with forums/blogs/twitter etc could easily become a 24/7 job!

I'm on Twitter, took me a while to get going with it though. I plan on using it as a marketing tool for my jewellery in the not too distant future!

it seems a bit too solipsist to write in it myself because if i have time to write about it and it's only 140 characters it's not like it's going to be that interesting. that said, i do use it to follow.

hehe - I see your point, and some people tweets (probably mine!!) aren't that interesting, but some people make use of it really well in my opinion.

I've recently joined twitter, after blogging (infrequently) and reading blogs for some time I've quite enjoyed it. I tend to update about what I'm up to jewellery wise, and have only found a few other makers to follow on there, but do find in interesting seeing what people are up to/have to say. There is a lot of dross on there, but provided you're selective you can find things that interest you.
    I'm wendyleah on there if anyone's interested.

I quite like twitter (it's where I found out about this forum!) I like the fact that you can just post one-liners without having to spend ages planning what you want to say (like I do with blog posts). It's very spontaneous and fun!

It took me quite a while to get the idea about Twitter - now I find it quite useful for keeping up to date with what my acquaintances are getting up to, both work-wise and for more frivolous pastimes.