Thread: That moment when you know a project is doomed

Angry That moment when you know a project is doomed

I'm working on design with wire based on a bracelet I made ages ago. The whole thing is bloody annoying as the difference thickness's and lengths of the wires is making soldering harder and adding the stupid granulation (that seemed like such a lovely idea at the time) has been quite the learning curve. Anyway so I'm trying to make earrings so I make two at the same time matching the curves and intersections of the wire at each join. First I notice that I forgot to make them opposite (not that obvious to the causal observer as I can just turn one round but driving me crazy) and then on the second to last solder join melt one of the thinner wires!! So I make another one it is going well when I sit contemplating the two and notice that the thin wire is ever so slightly thinner on one than the other! Grrrrrr

Anyway they are a present for a very far off birthday but the idea of sitting down and working on a 4th one was somewhat deflating.

Kathryn

Have a break. Have a Kit Kat. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Have a break. Have a Kit Kat. Dennis.
    Very good plan.

I dont expect anyone will notice, anyway you cant see both at the same time unless you are holding them in your hands. Can you disguise it by adding perhaps a small leaf or butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    I dont expect anyone will notice, anyway you cant see both at the same time unless you are holding them in your hands. Can you disguise it by adding perhaps a small leaf or butterfly.
    The problem is I can see it. All is not lost I'll save the odd one for something else. This all happened because the battery in my vernier calipers died, should have got one that doesn't need them!