Thread: Ear ring clips for non pierced ears

Default Ear ring clips for non pierced ears

A customer wants a pair of earrings changed to clips. I have ordered both options Cookson sell for drop earrings and they will barely stay on without fitting the earring to the clip!
    Does anyone have a reliable or as reliable as clips can be ear clip they use?

Would she consider screw backs? I think they're both more comfortable and more secure, and my customers seem to agree.

I don't think she would mind George, she just wants to be able to wear earrings. I was the one who thinks screws hurt because I don't have pierced ears either and they always did! Do you have a favourite because these clips are going to lie in the drawer, one pair doesn't actually lock until it's nearly fully closed which doesn't allow for the lobe:/

If it's just a conversion, I tend to use nvn 034 or 035 though I think the latter are very overpriced. For something a bit more dressy, I like the fleur de lys version (nvn 036)

I always keep a few of the blank nvn 030s to add my own pad to though as I like them to be a bit larger than the standard ones and slightly more domed. They do take a bit of rehardening after fabrication though, so I usually end up forging the 'u' turn after I make it.

I don't get on with any of the clips - they're either too tight or they just seem to fall off!

Thanks George, will have a look. Hoping not to have to refund her money!