Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did You Hear About The Apprentice Who…..?

Default Did You Hear About The Apprentice Who…..?

Apprentices are quite low in the food chain, so they are in for a bit of ribbing when they first start.

One was sent across the road to get an offset centre punch. When he came back he was told he had to fill all the holes in a honeycomb block.

A posh company gave their apprentices a set of basic tools on arrival. Then they were told they’d have to get them hallmarked before they could start work.

The list is endless, from finding a battery for a Sievert torch, to bending a piece of wire straight. I expect some of you will know a lot more.

It’s Friday again, so Have a good weekend. Dennis.

normally sent to the stores for a long weight.

Neil
    Neil

Don't forget the trip to get a glass hammer and a diamond magnet. Oh, and those rubber punches for delicate hallmarking, and the bucket full of steam for steam cleaning the punches!

Camouflage (or tartan) paint.
    A jar of spirit level bubbles (with the followup question from the storesman - square or round?).

My dad is an electrician and always told me the stories of what they sent apprentices to get. Tartan paint was definitely my favourite!

I've never heard the jar of spirit level bubbles before though!

I can remember someone suggesting to go and buy some elbow grease and a left handed screwdriver.

James

Send the apprentice to the shop for a bottle of dehydrated water. Tell him that nothing quenches thirst and hot metals like it.
    Last edited by Aurarius; 12-05-2015 at 12:14 PM.

My mum used to send new paper boys across to the joiners for a long stand :/

what about 10ft of fallopian tube?, a Bee-line?, an AC battery?, A runnaround?, some fire warmer? ,a hard punch?, some holes for the hole punch?, some mercury rods?, a peedo-file?, bearing grease for a compass?, sauerkraut seed?, sparks (or spark samples) for a grinder? , a mammary gland?, tuning fork for a fog horn?, white ink for the inkjet printer?, winter grade air for winter tyres?, some high fives? , some skyhooks?,
    Ooohhh.....I had a horrible time in my first jobs...must have been because I was so ridiculously naive and eager to please!!!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

my late husband once sent me out to our garage, a few weeks after we were married to get some headless nails to put up or new shelves - as a dutiful new bride, I was happy to oblige. In return, I asked him to purchase some headless whitebait at the local shop. He didn't ask again