Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG - escalating expectations

I think it is best to discuss and make enough money to enjoy the job and not feel rushed. I have always been skiddish of charging family and friends, but those people should above all others value your time and opinion. So now I charge enough. Maybe as someone suggested cut the figures out of a thin sheet solder some posts then make the bangles pattern side and backside the background, attach the figures with rivets and a bail to the top oval shaped wire easy and not to expensive, no flattening the bangle.

If you use the back side for the figures it should match the curvature of the front maybe split the front side bangle and make two pieces same look place the figures where they look best

Is she particularly attached to the item as it is, or could you melt it and cast some things from it.
    They would still be made from her mums bangle, but it might take some of the stress out of it for you

I was wondering casting as a way out. But Joella thank you for posting! I've been gnashing my teeth over an identical issue for almost fortnight and was about to write an almost duplicate thread! It's good to know I'm not alone.

In the end I've decided to charge them materials and suggest they offer whatever their perceived worth is on top (this is a from scratch not a re-imagining) as it's an old friend. That way I'm hoping it will restrict their design expectations. Also, if they take the mick it'll be their last piece, and if they pay more than I expect I know I'm undervaluing.

It will however be the VERY last 'freebie' I ever ever do, I will be following the good advice given in this thread. Good luck on your decision Joella. Make sure you're happy too. Don't allow your first piece to become a regret x
    All the gear and no idea