Thread: Public Liability Insurance

Default Public Liability Insurance

First of all I must say 'hello' . I'm very new to this forum and am enjoying reading all the posts and advice that can be found here. I have been making jewellery myself on and off for the last few years and have given most of it away to friends and family. I'm really interested in attending a craft fair in order to hopefully sell ( although I need to get down to making enough pieces to sell) , I'm finally plucking up the courage to do this but I'm aware that I will need public liability insurance . I've researched on line for quotes and have found Ian Wallace , Graham Sykes and have received on line quotes but have now found one quote from Market Traders Insurance Association which is half the price of what I have already been quoted for what seems the same cover.
    Has anyone heard of this company , or would I be better going for the previous ones mentioned who are around £100 per year?

Hi Maria welcome

I would put ppl or insurance in to the search as this subject comes up a lot. £100 is a lot for ppl. There are 2 options that members seem to prefer either annual membership of https://www.a-n.co.uk/news and for £36 annual membership you get 5m ppl free
    Or membership of the GJD http://www.guildofjewellerydesigners...d=37&Itemid=81
    There are a number of membership fees that give the same but offer extra benefits for jewellers. Hope this helps

Mine is through Combined Market Traders through Zurich. Ppl is £5 million and annual payment is £47. Hope this helps.

I use GM Imber, and pay around £50 a year. They are very friendly to deal with and I would recommend them.

Thanks very much to you all , that's very helpful and I'll have a look