Well, I have the swanky lightbox (thank you Cooksons, it's fab) and a half decent camera (Canon 1000D DSLR), an assortment of tripods, props and jewellery, so it should be simple!

I'm using wooden bricks with bits of coloured paper as my props as I thought they had simple lines. I did try out some origami flowers to add interest, but they added too much interest. I get everything set up and then find the highlights are wrong and I can see my own reflection, so have to re-set everything. Then I realise the piece is moving on the prop and wait ages for it to stop. It doesn't stop. I have to blue-tack it down. In the process it all moves and the highlights are wrong again. Move it again and everything topples over !!!!!

I'm also realising that I really need to get my head around manual settings if I'm going to get anything half decent. Luckily for me (I think!) someone local is advertising photography classes. Spoke to him and he's offered me a one to one specifically for jewellery. It turns out he's a retired product photographer, so hopefully he'll know some tricks.

On Monday, I shall be an expert jewellery photographer. Watch this space!