Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with soldering a bangle 7mm x 2.5mm

Yes, my apologies to both Dennis and Caroline. I was unfortunate in my timing.
    I'm not always good at timing, though I'm usually good at being unfortunate.

we are all in such a hurry to help we sometimes tend to talk over each other and the posts come in together. At least we were in agreement for a change

I have the torch Dennis mentioned which I keep for larger jobs. I was asked to make a 2mm cuff over an inch wide, had to solder gold squares on and it coped with that perfectly, its a bit scary to use until you get used to it, but it will tackle most things. Mine is the GoSystem one but with a large cartridge on.

It also helps to build a wall of blocks around it to keep in the heat.
    But I also found early on that small torches don't give enough heat and have never looked back since buying a BIG one!!

Thanks everyone - a bigger torch it is then!

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    It also helps to build a wall of blocks around it to keep in the heat.
    But I also found early on that small torches don't give enough heat and have never looked back since buying a BIG one!!
    yup. I just have a protoxx and I get large things done by surrounding the soldering area in bust up bits of charcoal. No good if you are say soldering a line of silver wire on top of a larger piece, though.