Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jigsaw puzzle pendant

Wonder if it's just a female thing, I don't hear the lads commenting on this too macho I suppose!

One tip I was taught is when polishing chains I wrap the chain tightly around a piece of wood for polishing. Another tip is for cleaning mops, I have an old blunt knife that I hold against the spinning mops to remove any old compounds and muck, this works well before doing the final rouge polish on my swansdown mop.

This is my 40 year old bench polisher with a bristle and swansdown mop on each spindle, I always do the first polish on the lefthand mops and the finish polishing on the righthand;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	203  Polishing motor.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	7596

James

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Wonder if it's just a female thing, I don't hear the lads commenting on this too macho I suppose!
    Ha! Maybe, on the other hand we may just be a bit obsessive about it. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    One tip I was taught is when polishing chains I wrap the chain tightly around a piece of wood for polishing. Another tip is for cleaning mops, I have an old blunt knife that I hold against the spinning mops to remove any old compounds and muck, this works well before doing the final rouge polish on my swansdown mop.

This is my 40 year old bench polisher with a bristle and swansdown mop on each spindle, I always do the first polish on the lefthand mops and the finish polishing on the righthand;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	203  Polishing motor.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	7596

James
    Another bristle fan! Great tip for chains there James, I'be been taught to use a piece of smooth leather under other items, but I must admit I often dive in with bare hands and end up with more polish on me than anywhere else!

My polisher is much smaller than yours, but quite effective, or at least will be when I get my new mops on!

Well polishing mops of that type are out I'm afraid. Spare bedrooms with very expensive pale carpets are not conducive to polishing mops. Tried with my foredom in a large gallon squash container, with a hole for a hand at each end, not very successful as after o e item you couldn't see through it. Keep up with the hand Sandi g and polishing with a hand from my tumbler.

Ah, well we're in our 2 year old house, and I've commandeered what should have been a dining room for my workshop. With a pale carpet. I keep meaning to get some link to lay over the top, but so far...Well, I've been busy!

I meant lino, obviously...

very clean and crisp

I personally prefer jewellery that is slightly toned down actually. The ones that are too polished have this "new-ness" about it that doesn't sit with me just the right way. But then again, I deal with antique jewellery so of course I bungle about with all the tarnish you can imagine! Haha! I think it's a job well done though. The shaping and the size are impeccable!