Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Returns process

Nonetheless, it's what I expect and receive from other suppliers. It's a trust issue - I trust them to bill my credit card and supply the correct goods; the suppliers trust me to pay the bill and return erroneous goods. I feel I'm on a stickier wicket with stuff that I've ordered in error; however, most that I've used will accept things back without much trouble. Some charge a restocking fee.

The only time I've been tardy about returning an item in that scenario, I received a call a little while after to remind me. Oh - and I *always* get a certificate of posting nowadays, so still have to go to the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    It does but cookies would have hard time getting cash if the customer paid by card the card companies are definately on the customers side...plus I'd imagine that once some people had the correct goods there would be less incentive to post the other stuff back promptly (or at suitable rate)
    I think the returns labels are an excellent idea though
    Well that's just an incentive to get the orders packed right in the first place

It does seem a bit off though if it's the suppliers mistake and they then turn around and say they don't trust you to sent the item they sent by mistake back. When I have had this happen to me, quite often the company will say keep the incorrect item, if it's value is not worth the hassle.

A point I keep forgetting to add - if I've ordered something for next day delivery, there's a strong chance that that's when I need it... Not some time after the unwanted item has been received back at the supplier.

And the end of the saga...

Cooksons have more-than-covered my postage; it goes some way towards mollifying. I had email confirmation a couple of weeks ago, but only just recently received the credit note so had waited. So - thank you, guys.

I do so like a happy ending