Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jewellery Light Box

I don't think the photography rules have changed Lucie, it's just that to keep growing on there, you have to be top notch with your images. I don't want to speak out of turn but there are so many sellers on there now that it's difficult to get your stuff noticed these days unless you stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I shall be having to have shots of the jewellery being worn as well but as yet I don't have a model. My daughter's never around long enough to have a photo shoot. She hates it anyway and although she is rather lovely (unbiased opinion!) she always looks self conscious when posing for a photo.

I asked a friend of mine to ask around on a modelling Facebook page and I got a very mixed bag of replies. Some were obviously "glamour" models, some were positively plain and they were in all shapes and sizes plus a variety of hourly rates from £15 to £60. Needless to say, the one I liked best was the most expensive. I'll probably ask a friend of mine's daughter who is very beautiful. Not sure when Caroline's back as she'd have been perfect. It's all some way off though, so I'm not worrying about it at the moment.

All this is being done because Notonthehighstreet say my photography's not good enough for them now and I have to up my game if I want to get my stuff promoted. Fingers crossed that it all works out.
    £60 per hour and they get to keep their clothes on? I know a few photography models. If you let me know what kind of age shape look you want I could see if i can find someone if you don't want to wait for Caro to get back. Though it must be said her group of girl-friends are gorgeous (and yeah, I am being biased cause of my gal )

Thanks Liz. When I get to that stage, I'll be in touch if I still need someone.

Hey all,

can I ask for a bit of help from those of you lovely peeps that have one of these light boxes - I'm pulling my hair out!

I got the little one today but I can't work out how to use all the "knobs" to hold the camera over the top hole. The pic on cookies website isn't terribly helpful, and the manual is next to useless.

I know there are two knobs for the sides, and one for the front (side to side). Does that knob go into the little brass hole thingy? Or in the slot?

The problem seems to be if I use the knob with the hole in it in the camera, through the slot, the camera falls down the slot, and won't stay in place. I know you're supposed to be able to move it up and down, but it literally won't stay up. Would really love to know how you get it to stay up - and whether the rubber ring is on the camera side of the slot, or the knob side.

Then there's the larger slot option with an angle bend in it - and I definitely have no idea how that works.

I'd love to be just a jeweller rather than a photography expert, but can't let this beat me!

Emma

Hi George, no not really, but I appreciate you trying.

My "knobs" don't look anything like those... & my box looks quite different, with a lift off front rather than drop down one. Plastic rather than metal.

I'm not sure why I'm finding it so complicated, but this is the kit I have (plus the top "frame" section)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightboxparts.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	7749
    Emma

I'm sorry I can't help either Emma. I only take shots from the side as I use props. I did have a look at the top hole and couldn't work it out either.

Haha, thanks Carole! Glad it's not just me. I'll give cookies a call in the morning. I don't want to send it back, but really need it to work from the side and the top to be useful. xx
    Emma

.......another one who couldn't work it out either,......would appreciate you sharing if you get an answer that makes sense Emma!!!!

xx

Hi all,

ok - so the one with the screw thread is definitely supposed to go through the slot. Cookies say the rubber washer should be on the back side of the slot, not on the camera side. Even with doing that, my camera isn't tightly held, and falls down to the bottom of the slot.

So I was setting it up right, it just doesn't seem to work.

Before I send it back for a refund, I'd be super grateful if you could try your camera on the top and see if it holds, or slides down. That way I know whether it's just mine that's dodgy and I should exchange or call it quits!
    Emma