Thread: Hi from Spain

Default Hi from Spain

Hi, I'm not really into jewlery making although I dream about it. I do crafts, bijoux, nice stuff but very far from jewlery making. I would love to make some courses some day, although there's not much offering in my area. My problem really is lack of time because I have a full time job that I need to pay my bills and two kids. What I really mean with all this talk is that I'm fascinated about viewing the beauties that other people make, reading and self-learning as much as I can to get ready for the big day in which I hope to have the opportunity to do some on-hands learning

Hi bescosa and welcome to the forum. Many new members have started out with no formal learning, just a basic kit and a safe space in the house.

You are a crafter already, so why not get some copper, which is not very expensive and start to practice hard soldering. There are plenty of examples on U Tube and we are here to trouble shoot. Dennis.

Welcome to the forum

Try to find some online resources - there's plenty out there. There are some projects linked from Cookson's main page for starters.

Asturias looks lovely; I've never been as my plans to go a few years back went awry. One day perhaps ...

Don't listen to Dennis, its a slippery slope and you will just spend all your money on new toys,er tools!

He he, as a doctor once said to me: You won't die of this, but you'll die with it. Dennis

Thanks a lot for your kind welcome. metalsmith, if you ever come to Asturias, let me know, glad to give you some info or even serve as guide if you need me to. Jajajaja I'm sure that I will spend more than what can think of right now....I'll start giving it a try with copper and soldering, really excited to start my journey