Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make your Mark 2015 - Student Event

Default Make your Mark 2015 - Student Event

On 17th and 18th April 2015, London’s Goldsmiths’ Hall will host the UK’s biggest careers event for students of jewellery and allied trades. Following the huge success of last year’s inaugural Make your Mark which attracted 800 students from across the British Isles, the event will now be extended over two days and will deliver even more inspiration, advice and networking opportunities.

Make Your Mark is a completely free tutor–student event open to anyone studying on a UK-based precious-metal-related course (full- or part-time) whether at degree level or on a short adult education or private tutored course.

Led by the Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office, and supported by the Goldsmiths’ Company and the Goldsmiths’ Centre, the event will provide a packed programme of inspiring talks from leading figures in the trade, live demos, ‘new designer-maker’ exhibition, careers advice and much more besides.

Organisers are delighted to announce that Theo Fennell, one of Britain’s leading jewellery designers, and Michael Wainwright, Managing Director of Boodles, will be giving the keynote speeches, underlining their commitment to nurturing talent and the future of a great British trade.

Other key elements of the event will include:

- A careers zone featuring recruitment agencies, social media experts and design protection services
    - Numerous trade exhibitors, including key suppliers and trade organisations
    - Displays of diamond cutting, stone polishing, pearl stringing, hand engraving, hallmarking and more....
    - A spectacular exhibition of work from students and residents of the Goldsmiths’ Centre
    - A tour of the Goldsmiths’ Company’s renowned library

As part of the event, the Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office is offering all students attending who are not already registered for hallmarking in London an exclusive Hallmarking Package for free. This unrivalled package comprises of a ten year registration, one sponsor’s punch (featuring one of the Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office’s standard designs) and laser software set-up in preparation for laser hallmarking.

Experts from the Goldsmiths’ Company, Assay Office and Goldsmiths’ Centre will also be on hand to offer friendly advice on hallmarking, internships, grants, and training opportunities.

Ask your tutor for more details, or you can contact me direct: steve.collins@assayofficelondon.co.uk

Oh man I wish I was still on a course... Looks amazing. Maybe catch next years
    All the gear and no idea

I'm tremendously excited...I'm going to be one of the exhibitors, hopefully convincing students that pearls are a lot more than white, round and 7mm, as well as showing how to string pearls with knots on silk
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Is anyone from this forum going to be there, apart from me and SteveLAO?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I'd love to - but I'm not on a course either.
    I doubt that CPD qualifies

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I'd love to - but I'm not on a course either.
    I doubt that CPD qualifies
    Not on an officially registered academic course either

This is fantastic! However, I have JUST finished my course, I registered with Birmingham Assay Office this week, and we have friends staying for the weekend. #missedtheboat

Oh nooo......That's a real shame. We contacted all the tutors some time ago to get them to tell their students.....

Think that's the problem from those of us replying to this thread Steve......we're not currently students so letting the tutors know wouldn't have found us lot

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLAO View Post
    Oh nooo......That's a real shame. We contacted all the tutors some time ago to get them to tell their students.....
    Just before Easyter I completed 20 weeks at Milton Keynes Arts Centre with Clare Layton. She never mentioned it, is she on your contact list?