Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make your Mark 2015 - Student Event

Hi Tabby66,

Yes i guessed as much, but you never know who you might know! I tried to get the word out all over the place so that as many knew as possible, in case family or friends may be on courses and you could tell them all about it!

It was an amazing two days and we've just completed the tidy up now....hundreds and hundreds of students and tutors came over the 2 days, and poor pearlescence looked exhausted but happy on Saturday evening so I think she had a good event!!

Beadjoux, please give me all her details and I'll check and confirm she is on our hit list! Thanks

I had a wonderful time, thank you Steve. Yes, I was tired - and certainly so by the time I got back home (after midnight..thank you virgin)
    It was great to meet students and show them that pearls are more than 7mm white and round...and also to meet all the other exhibitors
    My uber-highlight was standing in the Drawing Room lobby though, looking at all the names of the past masters of the Company and being amazed that there I was.
    Oh - and The Queen was on last night so there was I like a loon shouting 'I was right there'..'exactly right there' (points at screen)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Really glad to hear that the event went so well and you had a really good time

I had a great time too - extra bonus to find out that a broken bracelet that my mother left was in fact 9ct gold. Spent quite a while watching in awe the diamond cutter; found it hard to believe he couldn't find an apprentice to pass on his skills and wished I was 25 years younger.

Was lovely to meet you Pearlescence and your gorgeous pearls - was originally thinking white round pears for my next project but I think I have been persuaded to be slightly more colourful!

Lovely to introduce you to the huge world of pearls Susieq. Nothing wrong with round and white, but, as you've discovered..the envelope is so much bigger and more full.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk