Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a new day

Default Dawn of a new day

The first piece to be made in my new home. Some of you know that I've been battling lately, hence absence, but I'm back in the hot seat so to speak. I was also gifted some lovely stones by an amazing person and it would feel an utter insult not to use them. So to that person, thank you, you helped in more ways than you know.

Anyway, I called it 'Orbit' as it reminds me those sunrise shots from space, and sunrise seems quite appropriate right now. It's also my first bezel setting that doesn't move! Lovely little facet cut Amethyst too. It seemed to look prettier with a reflective closed back rather than open setting so I went with that. I'm still learning but getting used to actually looking at the stones and figuring how to get the best light from them. It's almost like they decide the design almost.

Still, enough waffle. It's good to be back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2015031550719.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	7479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2015031513614.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	7480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_201503152438.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	7481

As usual I can see a million and one imperfections now the pictures are enlarged, I'm just gonna put it down to being rusty lol
    Last edited by Vos; 15-03-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    All the gear and no idea

Very nice Vos!!! Lovely design and well executed.....I can see where you are coming from with the sunrise from space, but also made me think of the upcoming eclipse!!

Great to see you back and hear that you're doing better

Love it

I like the simplicity and 'clean' lines of the design - a very wearable piece.

Good to see you are back working too.

I also like that very much indeed (and also thought of the eclipse!)

Nice to have you back

That's lovely vos, you make me very frustrated!!, I know you haven't been doing this all that long, neither have I - but you are sooooo much better than me. It's nice to see you back here, I saw your rivets and then I made a hare pendant with rivets too, which some people on the forum have seen, as I panicked and needed their advice - I'm thinking of entering it in the march competition as a celebration of the equinox - why don't you enter too, why did I say that, everyone here is so much better than me Anyway, it's good to see you back!

Welcome back Vos. Thats one lovely piece. You are very talented. Didi.

Beautifully made and good to have you back, Dennis.

Thank you all so much, you don't know how good it is to be back. Not out the woods yet, but I can see the edge of the forest, and I have a ruddy great chainsaw

Took the advice too and plopped it into the compo
    All the gear and no idea

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    That's lovely vos, you make me very frustrated!!, I know you haven't been doing this all that long, neither have I - but you are sooooo much better than me. It's nice to see you back here, I saw your rivets and then I made a hare pendant with rivets too, which some people on the forum have seen, as I panicked and needed their advice - I'm thinking of entering it in the march competition as a celebration of the equinox - why don't you enter too, why did I say that, everyone here is so much better than me Anyway, it's good to see you back!
    I think we all see others as 'better'. I know I do horribly. I think it's just the human condition. I try to remind myself that nobody is better or worse, just further down the road than me. Enter it Joella, what's the worst that can happen?
    All the gear and no idea