Morning ,
Hi Dennis, yes the drills i stated with a 1mm and moved up to 1.6, thinking about it there could have been movement along the way as i drilled with a hand held rotary. I watched that you tube vid about a year ago, he didn't get it centered either I learned that setting from watching him ( building up the silver to set the stone) I don't know if you recall the first time i wanted to set an iolite in a fused pendant, see i get confused easily, i thought gypsy and flush were two different things, Duh me.

Hi Enigma, thanks, it is off though, you know how it is when you know there's a problem ... everyone in the world can see it too ... even if they can't lumpy bit might be because i textured the flower so maybe that didn't help with drilling.

Tabby thanks, i would love to take credit for the flower but that was a cop out on my part, I got a pack of 20 from cookies Made the band though. Just used the ruler to find my center, then eyeballed it, I definitely went out some where, my initial start was with a punch point but the rest was with hand held motor tool so really i guess more pressure to one side could be a reason, the stone was a tight fit no wriggle room at all. Sat wondering now whether to get the stand drill out, only put it away about a month ago as i'd not used it lol, not that that will held with centering but it would make sure i don't lean one way or the other. :-)