Thread: ultasonic liquid

Default ultasonic liquid

Having run out of the "proper" stuff, I found some neutral dishwasher liquid locally that seemed to do just as good job added to water but way cheaper...maybe worth having a test out.

I've yet to try the proper stuff, ammonia-based or otherwise. I use detergent myself. I'm not sure what the science is behind the dedicated ultrasonic liquids. Maybe they're as expensive as cognac because there's a magic ingredient in them we definitely can't do without. I'd like to know.
    I've been told the most important thing is not to use any additives that could scour away the steel of the tank. Someone somewhere apparently used washing powder in a big expensive one and within a year its gritty texture had seriously ground down the lining of the tank.

I've concluded there is no magic, I'll be using this cheapo stuff from now that's easy to grab while at the store.

Dishwasher liquid has additives to break down the surface tension in the water I think this helps

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    Dishwasher liquid has additives to break down the surface tension in the water I think this helps
    ......which is the action of the ammonia in those jewellery cleaners containing it.