Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic 5 Engraving Machine

Default Magic 5 Engraving Machine

Hello, does anyone have any feedback/experience of the Magic 5 engraving machine which Cooksons sell? I'm looking to purchase a machine and have looked at some of the well-known companies but my location (UK but not mainland UK) makes delivery and installation/training difficult. Is the Magic 5 any good? Is it easy to teach yourself how to use it? Would parts/maintenance be an issue with me not being mainland UK? Any advice or recommendations on other machines would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Hi Daisy,
    Caroleallan has an engraving machine and hopefully she will be able to answer. The Forom is rather quiet at present, so I presume members are on holiday.
    In the meantime, if you put just the one word engraving into the search box on the top right, you will see lots of past discussions on this.Dennis.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Magic 5. I have a couple of Gravograph machines the M20 and the Ringcube. The Ringcube is the easiest to use but you're restricted to rings and bangles. The M20 would be quite difficult to teach yourself unless you're quite technically minded. Gravograph have good customer service and you can ring them if you get stuck (which I do, a lot!).

I wouldn't buy the Magic 5 unless you're certain there's someone you can call for help.

Thanks very much for the responses. It's really difficult buying machinery like this when you're stuck on a little island in the middle of the Irish Sea :/ We're taking a trip to Ireland at Easter and I think one of the engraving machine suppliers have a showroom in Dublin (it may be Gravograph?) so I'm wondering if I might give them a call and make arrangements to have a meeting whilst I'm there and a day of training after that might be an option (we travel over to Ireland a few times a year). Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I took the plunge and ordered a Magic 5 from Cooksons and I'm really impressed with it. Cooksons have been extremely helpful with a couple of issues I had but all is good now

That's good to know. Thanks for telling us.

Thanks for you feed back Daisy. Does the machine have its own menu of interesting fonts? Dennis.

Lots of fonts available in the software package that comes with the machine, Dennis.

I've done quite a few keyrings with business logos engraved onto them, they seem very popular.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1428144624010.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	7623

You've chosen well, Daisy, I'm really Pleased for you. Dennis.

Ooooh, another expensive toy to add to my list!

Might perhaps give etching a go first though, it's a bit cheaper...