Thread: Orbitvu Micro 360 photo machine

Default Orbitvu Micro 360 photo machine

Hello

have a Orbitvu Micro 360 machine for sale had for about 8 months and used about 10 times due to time constraints

can email you the link to the site and machine

does 2D images and rotating 360 images and is a state of the art machine

want £4950 plus VAT usually over £6,000

also a Canon EOS 70D camera to use with it with a 55mm lense and a 60mm lense

camera £895 plus vat

let us know if anyone is interested

thanks

Jason

Looks amazing Jason but too expensive for me alas.

Default shame

thats a shame

They're impressive pieces of kit - saw one up close at IJL (previously I'd just read about them). If you need to do a lot of rotating animations of jewellery pieces they're probably the ideal solution.

Dear Bliss, thank you for introducing a fascinting topic. Sadly for most of us I think, it would be far too exotic a purchase and will take its place amongthe many expensive possibilites that will never happen.

It has made me re-think however how I take my photographs. I do have a soldering turntable that could be recruited for this, and the camera could be moved vertically along its mounting slot.

I am puzzled, though, by the emphasis on powerful lighting, given the sensitivity to light of digital cameras. Maybe it's the need for very short exposure times for moving objects?

I hope that you will eventually be successful in selling your equipment. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 07-03-2015 at 06:23 AM.

I would love one of these, but for that kind of money I'd love a PUK welder more!

shame does anyone know where will be good to sell (please dont say ebay!!)

also after building a ecommerce website through either shopify or wordpress anyone got a preference, and seen a smashing template

Shopify's documentation is shaky at best from experience; tends to leave a lot of crucial info out if you're building data for upload. Also tended to be a bit twitchy if you wanted to make changes to products en masse.
    Can't comment on Wordpress as I've not used it.
    There are a number of ecommerce plugins for Drupal that seem to be well liked. At least with Drupal rewriting stuff if it doesn't do what's wanted is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    I would love one of these, but for that kind of money I'd love a PUK welder more!
    Hi Lauren,
    not sure if you have used the PUK, I recently trialed that against an Orotig laser welder....I found it more user friendly...soz for the highjack of this thread...
    This photo getup is fantastic though also not for me
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    Hi Lauren,
    not sure if you have used the PUK, I recently trialed that against an Orotig laser welder....I found it more user friendly...soz for the highjack of this thread...
    This photo getup is fantastic though also not for me
    I've not tried it yet Les, but just signed up for a Sutton Tools event at Goldsmiths Centre later in the month where they're demoing the new PUK. I won't be able to afford one for quite some time (and I suspect one might be slightly wasted on me!) but it's definitely on my list of stuff that will make my life easier.