Thread: Checkout Software Fiasco

Default Checkout Software Fiasco

I've just placed an order online and received an email acknowledgement with the order details attached as a separate document as usual.

I opened the document. At the head of the first page are Cookson's logo and my email address, and the words "please see next page for details". So far so good.

On the next page though are the personal contact details of a lady in Cornwall, who also has an address in London, together with an itemised list of the goods she apparently ordered; they certainly weren't ordered by me. Unfortunately, my order for one pair of pliers and my contact details are nowhere in sight.

If the lady in Cornwall with another address in London who has ordered a work bench, bench skin, and bench drawer would like to get in touch with me, I can send her a copy of her order forthwith. Perhaps she'd be good enough to do the same for me in return. It might be quicker than waiting for Cooksons to sort the mess out.
    Last edited by Aurarius; 02-03-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Oh no! It's not me. Wonder who it is?

I've been having basket problems again as well if it's any consolation. The same old story about things still being in baskets when logging back in, despite having been ordered and received (twice for a couple of items that I didn't spot and delete before placing another order). This time, it was enough to cost me a three day delay in getting some things needed urgently as I ended up having to place the order by phone and missed the Friday 3pm cutoff by a whole minute...

Are you sure you haven't got a secret second life in London, Carole?

Hi
    I'm sorry you've had this problem, we need to investigate this asap. May I ask you to email me your account number and I'll email your paperwork and the invoice or order number of the other customer and I'll forward that one also. Thanks for letting us know.
    rgds
    Rob

I've got full baskets when I log in as well, you really have to be careful. I had to shop elsewhere last week because they have no .8mm silver until about the 7th March which held me up no end, it turned out they had no.7 either. 10 days is a long time to be out of stock of a basic!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Oh no! It's not me. Wonder who it is?
    not me either. I wish I had a work bench on order!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    Hi
    I'm sorry you've had this problem, we need to investigate this asap. May I ask you to email me your account number and I'll email your paperwork and the invoice or order number of the other customer and I'll forward that one also. Thanks for letting us know.
    rgds
    Rob
    Hi Rob,
    Thanks for your message.
    This matter is too complicated to be resolved by email alone. I've contacted your sales dept. by phone several times but no-one is answering today.
    I've emailed Lee and provided him with a phone number you can reach me on.
    I look forward to hearing from you.