Thread: Rose Gold Wire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rose Gold Wire

Does anyone know where I can get 0.3mm rose gold wire? I have checked everywhere I can think of and the smallest diameter in rose gold seems to be 0.5mm.
    It is quite urgent and I do only need about 3 inches.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes. 0.3mm is a bit frail, but you could invest in a round draw plate, which would be a useful thing for the future. Then all you need in addition, is a file to sharpen the end of your wire, a vice to hold the plate in and some serrated pliers from a tool shop for drawing.

Alternatively if you anneal your wire and clamp one end, you can pull on it gently until its diameter has been reduced sufficiently. You should have callipers for this.

In both cases practice with copper wire (such as the earth from old cable) before you commit to gold. Dennis.

Just had a quick look through a few suppliers that I use, no luck. There is 0.2mm 18ct red gold. I think that Dennis' suggestion is the best way forward.

According to Google, Pasternack findings sell it.
    They seem to be in Israel.
    Looks like 80mm of 18 ct will cost you about 3 dollars - if they will sell that length.

Thanks for the suggestions. It really is starting to look as if I will have to invest in a draw plate in the not too distant future. In the meantime, I will start practising with the copper wire.

Wish I had seen this earlier, was in Hong Kong and could have got easily
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk