Thread: Where to scrap?

Default Where to scrap?

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on scrap services as I've been working with silver for about 6 years and have been saving my scrap since I began.

I became self employed a little of 2 years ago and set up Garth Mountain Silver and whilst I love what I do I'm yet to make my millions! I'd love to get some new tools (wouldn't we all?) and so thought I'd send my scrap into Cooksons to raise some cash but whilst looking up the scrap prices I found that there is a trade scrap price and a non trade scrap price with about £1 an oz difference.

To be a trade customer, according to cookies, I need to be VAT registered but my little business is not VAT registered as I don't have a turnover over £62,000 per year. I have close on 1kg to scrap and so, sorry it's taken so long to ask, do any of you use scrap services other than cookies? I started a google search but with the wealth of knowledge here, I thought it was daft to reinvent the wheel!

Thanks in advance Mandy

I use Cooksons without any issues, and I'm not registered as trade either. Great service and quick payment too.

Nick

Thanks Nick

Hello Mandy!
    I use Cooksons too, quick and easy, (and I make about £12 and a bag of smarties a year, so also am not trade registered.)

Hi Lydia I'm looking forward to the day that I can say I am in the smarties earning bracket! You've given me something to aspire to