Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Durston mini mill Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Conjecture can be way off target, but my experience with some family businesses, has been that the second generation are pressured to take them over and would much rather be doing something else. Dennis.
    That is something that crossed my mind too Dennis.
    The attention to detail seems to be lacking, they can't even provide dimensions on some of the new products they sell. After many months of emails asking for the dimensions of the 14 pieces on their planishing set in the end I just had to buy it on spec with them still promising to produce a leaflet online. I haven't checked recently but 6 months later there was nothing. Fb didn't work for me as I was just told to email them. It's all very frustrating when you want to spend quite a lot of money on a good piece of kit and there seems to be no realisation that time might be a factor.

Hello Stretch,

I am going to be selling my Durston 80 mini mill very soon, having just taken receipt of a larger one, as wanted an upgrade. Machine is less about 2 years old, and I have just replaced the cogs (which I got direct from Durston (dont ask me about their customer service!!), there is a small chip on the central shaft, but it works perfectly well, I have been using it until today when I have installed my new one. Let me know if you are interested.

BRJ