Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chatelaine

It's lovely Wallace, and so original. Making the jump rings isn't the difficult bit, it's soldering them all! You must have enormous amounts of patience and determination! I hope that you have a speedy recovery from the remnants of the virus.
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Cool! I love something a bit different to the norm to make - I'd love to know the title of the book if you can remember Tasha!
    Wallace, I'd never thought of using pumice, would love to see it when you've done - fab! x
    . Thanks Lydia, will do. X

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Looks great Wallace!
    I dont envy you making all those jump rings though!
    now I remember why I stopped doing Chaine Maille.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadMoon View Post
    It's lovely Wallace, and so original. Making the jump rings isn't the difficult bit, it's soldering them all! You must have enormous amounts of patience and determination! I hope that you have a speedy recovery from the remnants of the virus.
    thank you... I just had in my mind... I am being paid to do this! Lol. Must admit, I Loved every minute of it. Thanks for the get well, I hope my system finds the blighter and sorts it out soon, too.

Wallace, that's lovely. Admire your patience for chain making. I quite like the almost zen like state I get in when I make chain. It's so repetitive but you have to pay it just that little bit of attention which blocks out unwelcome thoughts!
    Didi

Lovely. I'd never heard of a chatelaine though, so had to look it up.

Wow, what a lot of work in that piece Wallace, the result is lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Didi View Post
    Wallace, that's lovely. Admire your patience for chain making. I quite like the almost zen like state I get in when I make chain. It's so repetitive but you have to pay it just that little bit of attention which blocks out unwelcome thoughts!
    Didi
    thank you Didi, must admit, I got a system going after a while! lol

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Lovely. I'd never heard of a chatelaine though, so had to look it up.
    Thanks Carole - me too! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Wow, what a lot of work in that piece Wallace, the result is lovely
    Thanks Jill, it was a lot of work - and under estimated on the time it took to make the chain, but hopefully something to bear in mind in the future.

That is really nice! There are so many interesting historical jewellery you just don't see, how amazing you got to make some of it.

That's beautiful, well done you. I adore chatelaines, and used to have a few bits of them years ago, but never a complete one. I've always thought they should make a comeback.

You can get a good aged patina on sterling by using a mix of wire wool and those metal sprongly scourer things. What i do is rub them between my fingers…. a motorised thing makes too much of a uniform pattern I found. Then patinate in LoS or whatever and then hand polish with a rouge cloth. I do it watching the box.

Great piece Wallace - your patience is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Harrison View Post
    That is really nice! There are so many interesting historical jewellery you just don't see, how amazing you got to make some of it.
    it was a really exciting challenge. Thank you Kathryn.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    That's beautiful, well done you. I adore chatelaines, and used to have a few bits of them years ago, but never a complete one. I've always thought they should make a comeback.

You can get a good aged patina on sterling by using a mix of wire wool and those metal sprongly scourer things. What i do is rub them between my fingers…. a motorised thing makes too much of a uniform pattern I found. Then patinate in LoS or whatever and then hand polish with a rouge cloth. I do it watching the box.
    thank you Liz. I shall give it a go. Pumice was no much cop, it was probably too fine.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Great piece Wallace - your patience is amazing!
    thanks Theresa, I had a little time to spare! Lol