Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cookies New Website

Quote Originally Posted by trialuser View Post
    On beeswax. It's unnecessarily expensive buying that sort of thing from cookson, ebay has it @ 99p for twice as much. and 40p postage.
    Much cheaper still if you buy a larger amount.
    Other waxes are available.
    Re: the screen, are you sure you have not magnified it, possibly by scrolling a mouse wheel or something?
    Depending on your browser, you can go something similar to 'view', 'zoom', 'reset' or similar.
    I have had to re-enlist my mouse, I have a touchscreen laptop, so mouse is redundant, but problem fixed - I dont have to sit the other side of the room to read it.

If anyone can persuade our postie to arrive before 3pm, I'd be much obliged (site problem free here)

Pat, unless you are ordering items that can only be delivered by courier ( they say hazardous on the listings) then you should be able to select standard postage.
    My standard postage to France is only just over £4 so yours should be less than that.
    Theres a drop down menu you have to select from before completing the order.
    The postage options are one of the reasons I buy so much from Cooksons- most sites only have one expensive option to France but Cooksons lets me choose.

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

I thought that I would go through a few points that have been raised, to hopefully answer any questions and make it a bit clearer!

Searching on the website
    Since the new website has been launched, we have had positive feedback; however, some customers have raised concerns about the search features. This is something that we are aware of and are looking into improving and making more user-friendly in the near future. The more specific examples you can give us, the more we can ensure it works in the best way for you!

Regarding the specific searches mentioned; we are unable to replicate your issues, as when we search of ‘beeswax’ and ‘polishing motors’ we can find the products you are referring to. If you wish to narrow/filter an initial search, in the majority of cases, you can select different filters (alloy/size/brand) on the menu which is on the left hand of the screen if you are using a laptop/desktop, and at the top of the screen if you are using a mobile or tablet.

If there any other specific products or ranges that you are having trouble searching for, please let us know and we can try and help or put a fix in place to resolve these issues.

Postage
    Unfortunately, Royal Mail has changed its restrictions and this means that they will not deliver any liquids or hazardous products. This means that if your order contains these, it will have to go via a courier. In all other cases, you will have the option of which delivery method you wish to use. International orders are slightly different, as this may involve airmail etc.

If an order is very heavy or of a higher value, we use couriers as this adds an additional level of security.

We try to offer freepost as often as we can, and when we do have freepost events, we try and let you know via email, social media and on the website, so you don’t miss out!

Voucher Codes
    When using a discount or freepost voucher, there may be specific requirements. For example, with our freepost events you need to spend a minimum of £25, some codes can only be used once and some can be used as many times as you wish, some only apply to certain products and some have a limited time of validity. It is best to ensure you read the terms and conditions for each offer and that should make it clear what is and isn’t included.

If you do have any issues with using a voucher codes, please let us know and we will try and resolve this as soon as possible.

I am sorry if you have experienced a delayed response from our customer service team, I have passed this onto our customer service manager. He will investigate this to help find out why this has happened and to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

You can email us, call us, chat online or post on our social pages and don’t forget, our customer service team now available Monday to Friday 8am until 8pm.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate any and all, as this helps us identify what you need and want and helps us to plan what developments we make next.

Thanks
    Jemima

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you for your comments and feedback.
    Thanks for getting back to us, Jemima.
    Unfortunately, the problems I had with my recent order not getting the due discounts is going to happen again some time soon unless you look at the GOJD discount settings. There are still tools in your inventory not automatically getting their discount deducted at the checkout. And the freepost code I used last Sunday was definitely a valid one (and hadn't yet been used) but the software still didn't recognise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    Thanks for getting back to us, Jemima.
    Unfortunately, the problems I had with my recent order not getting the due discounts is going to happen again some time soon unless you look at the GOJD discount settings. There are still tools in your inventory not automatically getting their discount deducted at the checkout. And the freepost code I used last Sunday was definitely a valid one (and hadn't yet been used) but the software still didn't recognise it.
    Hi

Thanks for the heads up, we'll have a look at this. What freepost code did you use please?

rgds

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    Hi

What freepost code did you use please?

rgds

Rob
    SURVEY 15, which was supposed to be valid until 31st March. I tried several different combinations of spacing and letter case but none of them worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the heads up, we'll have a look at this. What freepost code did you use please?

rgds

Rob
    believe I used xmas14 which I thought was multi use and still applicable. Perhaps with the order just into Jan, maybe not? Order IO 799255 Thanks

Thanks for getting back Jemima, that has explained the carrier/postage. Does that mean that if you have all "dry" goods that it will come by royal mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    SURVEY 15, which was supposed to be valid until 31st March. I tried several different combinations of spacing and letter case but none of them worked.
    Hi
    Having looked at this I can't see any reason why this didn't work, sorry. I'll PM an alternative code
    rgds
    Rob