Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cookies New Website

Default Cookies New Website

Hi, not sure if its just me but is the forums font big on everybodies computer. I know I only have one eye but thats ridiculous. Plus while I am having a moan, I dislike the new Cooksons website, in my opinion for what its worth, they will lose a lot of customers. I tried for about half an hour to find some beeswax for putting on my blades, and in the end gave up. I had another go later in the day when I had calmed down a bit and found it, but what a fiasco. The "postage" is another issue with everything going carrier rather than post. I know what time my postie arrives normally but the carrier you would have to wait in all day and not everyone has the privilege of being at home all day to wait, also its very expensive. Sometimes we were offered free postage, which for people like me on a tight budget was wonderful and certainly enticed me to shop at Cooksons, but now I will go to whichever is cheaper.

There are a number of "issues" with it, yes. The checkout software not recognising voucher codes and not giving other advertised discounts are two things that have caused problems for me recently.
    I do agree that things are not particularly easy to find online. I usually have the printed cataolgue to hand and use the product codes to search by. The printed catalogue is still much more user friendly, though of course it cannot give you a price for most precious metal items and does not contain the new products that have come into stock since the catalogue was printed.
    P.S. I'm not sure why a search for beeswax gave you problems. I searched for "beeswax" and it was the first thing that came up.
    Last edited by Aurarius; 28-01-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    The checkout software not recognising voucher codes and not giving other advertised discounts are two things that have caused problems for me recently.
    This happened to me too. I thought that maybe the code no longer applied - I had used it once, but to my knowledge it was multi-use... did you lodge a complaint (should I, do you think?)

thanks

Chas

On beeswax. It's unnecessarily expensive buying that sort of thing from cookson, ebay has it @ 99p for twice as much. and 40p postage.
    Much cheaper still if you buy a larger amount.
    Other waxes are available.
    Re: the screen, are you sure you have not magnified it, possibly by scrolling a mouse wheel or something?
    Depending on your browser, you can go something similar to 'view', 'zoom', 'reset' or similar.

They have free delivery on orders over £25 until midnight 1st feb at the moment.
    I find their search engine rubbish, I can't remember what I was looking for the other day, think it was polishing motors and everything to do with polishing came up and you can't seem to narrow the field after that.
    I'm also having difficulty logging in, it doesn't like it automatically set on the iPad and then takes you to the t&c page for first time customers. It's definitely a bit of a challenge to shop if you want to do it quickly and can't be bothered to make lists from the catalogue. The main benefit for me is I can do it at 2am or I would shop elsewhere but I find other companies websites equally as difficult especially if you are wanting to buy silver. I have so many beeswax candles I could give them away

I like the new website, I think it's a huge improvement on the old one. My main niggle is that the drop down filters are a bit lacking in user friendliness. It would be much better to have them so you could compare multiple fields, IMO.

As to the prices, Pat, whenever I've compared, Cookies has always been cheaper for just about everything, even with P&P factored in. agree about using RM rather than carriers, although the last two orders I made since christmas, both came by RM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmith View Post
    did you lodge a complaint (should I, do you think?)
    I didn't need to complain. I just contacted Cooksons explaining the problem and got it sorted.

Essentially not all of the items in my basket were discounted as they should have been, and a valid freepost code went unrecognised.

This has happened before. I do hope it doesn't happen again as it actually took a number of emails (I won't say how many!), two phone calls, and three days to get the matter resolved. All because the computer said "No".

Mine have all been coming with the postie recently, I can't remember the last time anything came by carrier

Mine come with the post and Im in France.
    the only time they don't is certain items that are courier only like some of the chemicals/resins.
    Have to say Cooksons are very good on postage to France and as they use Royal mail it then comes with La Poste which is the French version which is great as our postie is very good.
    The search facility is better than most alternative websites I think although admittedly not always brilliant.

Thanks for your replies, I posted a reply under a different heading, but on the matter of postage, on an order of £50 - 60 which some of ours are, £13 is a lot of money, my daughter works 6 days a week but is paid a low farm workers wage, so hasnt much spare money, plus of course like I said in the other thread, you dont want to be waiting in for a courier for hours on your only day off, when the postie delivers at 9 a.m.
    I rang her just a minute ago telling her about the freepost offer and she said when she ordered last night it gave her the freepost, so thanks for telling me, you would have thought she had won the lottery she was so pleased.