Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optivisors

I've been looking to acquire one of these (whichever) for a while, so this discussion is helpful. I can see perfectly at short distance, but have noticed that the time spent concentrating at short distances is seeing my long distances suffer, which isn't helpful seeing as my other hobbies include murdering innocent bits of paper (targets to the average person) by one method or another. I've noticed that there hasn't been a great sway away from the lower budget end, which is great, cos my budget is low - but what price do you put on your eyesight? Especially when hitting the middle of bits of paper is somehow important to you. The long and the short of it is that I've opted for http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer-Hands.../dp/B00C83I8DI, which has to be an improvement over my Aldi head torch since the Mrs recently broke the clamp on my £16 Argos clamp-light ... grrrr!

I got one for my mum to sew with for Christmas, my brother decided that one would help him! so he got one on ebay from china £12.5 with a lens set.

When it arrived he said it looks just like the optivisor that cost me £35 with only one lens. He also pointed out that the main difference is the lens. the lens itself is glass but the way that it's held into the carrier is a cheaper method than the original but holds the glass just fine.

I'm thinking of getting one myself so I can carry the cheap one around to evening classes and got get the expensive one broken.

Neil
    Neil

I've ordered the Amazon one so will let you know how I get on!